Monday, March 31, 2008

Cell Phones

Lately, I have been getting annoyed with people on their cell phones. I think the rudest thing someone can do is wipe out their cell phone at a meal. It is disrespectful and appears that the person they are talking to is more important than you. Not only at meals but if you are hanging out with someone and they continuously talk on their phone the whole time your together, it is very boring for you. There are few conversations that must be had that the person cant wait to talk about.
It amazes me how much people depend on their cell phones now. Im not complaining, i use my all the time. One day when I lost my phone, I did not know what to do. I couldn't call any of my friends. I felt like I was missing out on what they were doing. I honestly wonder what people did to get in touch when they didnt have cell phones.
While they are very convinient, people make it seem that every conversation they have on their phone must be had immediately and can not wait especially till more appropriate times.

2 comments:

SMU Mustang said...

I definitely agree with you that people are too attached to their cell phones and that it is obnoxious to have to wait around and listen to someone talk on their phone while eating dinner or hanging out. I think you could have made your title a little bit more interesting or eye catching just so more people might be interested in looking at it and making comments. Maybe if you gave a specific example of when you have been annoyed when one of your friends did this too or when you saw someone who was annoyed when their friend was talking on the phone in front of them. But overall good post!

sorority girl said...

Good thoughts. I posted something kind of like yours on my blog about people who constantly walk around and are on their phone. I went out of town this weekend and left my charger in St. Louis and my phone has been dead this whole week. At first, I had the initial panic that you felt when you lost yours. But, as the week went on, I found how I didn't need my phone as much as I thought I would. I think people in America are way to attached to their phones, their computers, their technology. I read an article recently about "electronic rehab." Using the same techniques to wean someone off of crack, businessmen who have had an intervention about Blackberry addiction go to an actual rehab to try to cut down on electronic attatchment. Anyways, just my thoughts.